I'm a researcher with over 10+ years of experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data Engineering and Machine Learning (ML) in academia and industry.
I was a doctoral candidate in the research group headed by Prof. Dr. Sebastian Padó at Institut für Maschinelle Sprachverarbeitung (IMS), Universität Stuttgart. My thesis co-advisor was Dr. Gemma Boleda at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain). I've finished my research work and I'm in the process of writing my PhD thesis.
I finished my MS by Research under the guidance of Prof. Rajeev Sangal at IIIT-Hyderabad, India. During my masters, my primary area of interest was Dialogue Systems. I specialized in developing Natural Language Interfaces to Databases (NLIDB systems), which is a sub-domain of Dialogue Systems.
My current research interests fall in the area of semantic knowledge extraction and representation. Due to this, I'm constantly working towards expanding my existing knowledge on feature extraction, data representations, prediction and classification (supervised and unsupervised) technologies.
I am experienced in efficient and scalable software development and architecting through a combination of modern development paradigms like, agile frameworks, CI/CD tools (GIT, JIRA, Jenkins) and packaging tools (Dockers).
My areas of specialization are (but not limited to) Computational Linguistics, Distributional Semantics, Machine Learning and Database technologies: Knowledge Bases and Knowledge Graphs. Besides this, my current personal endeavour is learning Cloud Technologies (GCP, Azure); because that's the way we're going to go soon!
- Details: Deep Neural Networks, Sequential models (RNNs, LSTMs, Convolutional Networks) and Regression based modelling, Data Analytics and Statistical data inferencing, Knowledge extraction from structured / unstructured information sources, Distributional Semantics, Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing, Question-answering systems.
- Additional interests: Supervised and semi-supervised machine learning techniques, Semantic knowledge representation, (Semi)-Structured knowledge completion, Entity linking and grounding, Data/Text mining and developing end-to-end deep-learning NLP applications.
In my free time I'm either travelling or binge-watching sitcoms and I'm a total sucker for sci-fi classics, because lets face it - it's all comes true eventually! 😉
Machine Learning & Analytics
- Framework: Keras, Theano, Tensorflow
- Tools: SciKit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK, Spacy, R, Pandas
- Visualization Tools: Matplotlib, Plotly
Experienced in building Neural Networks and Regression based ML models from scratch in Theano and optimization of models on GPUs.
Scripting & Programming
- Languages: Python, C, C++
- Packaging: Dockers
- Versioning: Git, SVN
- Cloud Platforms: Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- CI/CD: JIRA, Jenkins
- Collaborative tools: Slack, Confluence, BitBucket
During my PhD I have designed a highly modular, easy-to-deploy and research-oriented code- base in Python, based on MVC software architectural pattern.
- Knowledge Bases: Freebase, WikiData, Yago
- Databases: NEO4J, Cosmos, MongoDB, Vrituoso, MySQL
- OS familiarity: Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Languages: English (fluent), Hindi (native), German (A1)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Happy disposition in deadline based scenarios
- High tolerance, patience and quick adaptability in unfamiliar environment and adverse situations
- Eagerness to learn, attention to detail and methodological execution of tasks at hand