I'm a doctoral candidate in the research group headed by Prof. Dr. Sebastian Padó at Institut für Maschinelle Sprachverarbeitung (IMS), Universität Stuttgart. My thesis co-advisor is Dr. Gemma Boleda at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Barcelona, Spain).
I am interested in the analysis of the information and semantics captured by distributed representations and how the results of this analysis can be applied to: 1) address linguistic phenomenon in formal semantics, and 2) real-world NLP tasks.
I finished my MS by Research under the guidance of Prof. Rajeev Sangal at IIIT-Hyderabad, India. During my masters, my primary area of interest was Dialogue Systems. I specialized in developing Natural Language Interfaces to Databases (NLIDB systems), which is a sub-domain of Dialogue Systems.
In my free time I'm either travelling or binge-watching sitcoms ( like most PhD students 😛 ) and I'm a total sucker for sci-fi classics, because lets face it - it's all comes true eventually! 😉
Areas of specialization: Distributional Semantics, Machine Learning (Neural Networks and Regression based modelling), Knowledge extraction from unsupervised corpus-based representations and structured information sources, Question-answering systems.
Additional research interests: Supervised and semi-supervised machine learning techniques, NLP, Semantic knowledge representation, Data/Text mining and developing end-to-end deep-learning NLP applications.
Machine Learning & Analytics
- Framework: Theano
- Tools: Keras, SciKit-Learn
- Visualization Tools: Matplotlib
- Statistical Tools: R
Experienced in building Neural Networks and Regression based ML models from scratch in Theano and optimization of models on GPUs.
Scripting & Programming
- Scripting: Python
- Programming: C, C++
During my PhD I have designed a highly modular, easy-to-deploy and research-oriented code- base in Python, based on MVC software architectural pattern.
- Knowledge Bases: Freebase
- Databases: Vrituoso, MySQL, MS Access
- Query Languages: SPARQL (rdf), MySQL (relational)
- OS familiarity: Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Languages: English (fluent), Hindi (native), German (A1.1 - basic)
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Happy disposition in deadline based scenarios
- High tolerance, patience and quick adaptability in unfamiliar environment and adverse situations
- Eagerness to learn, attention to detail and methodological execution of tasks at hand